Kelly Sloan, Town of New Glasgow
Question: What does the AMA do for you?
Being a member of the Association of Municipal Administrators has given me the opportunity to:
- network and share ideas and processes with other municipal employees all over Nova Scotia through attendence at AMA workshops and conferences and participation on AMA Committees;
- use the AMA email list serve which provides an opportunity to connect with other units in Nova Scotia to share and request information and ideas;
- receive professional development opportunities through attendance at AMA training workshops and conferences;
- stay up to date on current municipal government issues through regular updates from the AMA office;
- obtain sample bylaws and policies from the AMA Model By-law and Policy Manual and various surveys and resources;
- use, and receive training for, the AMA Records Management Manual which demonstrates how to set up a records management program, which is so important in today's world;
- gain experience in serving on various AMA Committees and the AMA Board of Directors and;
- participate in the AMA Wellness Program which helps promote healthy behaviour in our workplace.
"I would encourage everyone to take advantage of the great opportunity to join the Association of Municipal Administrators and broaden your horizons"
- Kelly Sloan, AMA Pictou Region Board Member; Executive Assistant - Town of New Glasgow