The virtual session is now SOLD OUT. To be placed on the waitlist for the workshop, please complete our waitlist form found here.
- A must have for newly elected officials as part of their orientation
- A refresher for more seasoned elected representatives.
- Overview of Council’s role in the financial management of the municipality
- Reviews all stages of budgeting from planning, to creating, to monitoring
- Three 90 minute sessions
Important Note: All sessions are interconnected so it is important to attend all three sessions.
Facilitator: Greg Herrett, CPA, CA, CAO, Town of Amherst; Co-Facilitator: Bonnie Coulter, CPA, CA, Director of Corporate Services, Town of Truro
Part I-Setting Operating and Capital Budget Priorities
- Legislative framework and Council’s role in municipal finance
- Relationship between strategic plan and budget priorities
- Identifying and setting priorities
- Operating and Capital Budgets
- Decision making